Monday, June 28, 2010

Curly Hair must know!!!



I'm probably one of the millions sharing what I learn on handling curly hair. While most people advising out there are hair professionals, I'm one of those who has had too many bad hair days (damn the curls!) n here's how I cope....

1. If u ve curly hair and have trouble managing it, grow it long!!! Not only do people notice you have gorgeous curls, it's not a pain anymore!There is not much u can experiment though;(. Like u did anyway!

2. Growing you hair long comes with increased hair fall. I warm olive or coconut hair oil or a mix of the two and apply on my scalp, working my way through the length of the hair. Keep it overnight and wash in the morning.

3. U have to scrunch your hair with ur hands for the curls to get into its natural shape. Also, you either comb your hair when wet using a wide toothed comb or u never do it!

4. You have to use hair products to manage the frizz. If u can get away without it, thats great! I use tressme '-------"(only thing i can afford). Once I apply I tie my hair tight in a pony tail, so the top part is manageable when I open and the bottom curls are at their best behavior.

5. Swimming damages your hair. I try to wear a cap, but when its hard to make it stay where it should , I don't. So I apply very little olive oil, very sparse and tie it in a bun. I believe It protects against chlorine damage. Its my own theory. So ur free to take it or leave it!

And there are the many often suggested basic tips on you tube and professional blogs.
Hope this helps! Rock those curls!;)

No comments:

Post a Comment